Eligible to apply for this modular and practice-oriented training are candidates of the following countries:
- South East Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Middle-, South America and Mexico: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Panama and Peru.
- Northern Africa and Middle East: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia
Further key criteria are:
- No longer than 4 years of experience in managerial and personnel responsibilities.
- Applicants are young university leaders aged between 30 and 40 years.
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable.
- Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
- The provision of international experience will be an asset.
Important note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the DIES UNILEAD training course 2023 may be adapted according to global travel restrictions. If necessary, some parts of the course, or even the whole course, will be taught online. We will inform the selected applicants immediately should there be any changes.https://go-dl.uni-oldenburg.de/unilead/ (application form including a practice-oriented Project Proposal, letter of motivation, letter of recommendation from university top management as well as a proof of English proficiency). Selected candidates will be informed about the results of the selection meeting by mid of December. For more information on our DIES training courses, dialogue events, projects and partnerships, we would like to refer to the following website: Higher Education Management (DIES) – DAAD https://www.daad.de/en/information-services-for-higher-education-institutions/further-information-on-daad-programmes/higher-education-management-dies/Candidates are invited to submit the applications until October 11th, 2022, at 10:00 am Central European Summer Time via online application form on the UNILEAD-website at