1.1. Climate Change and Society
Climate Change is affecting society in different ways: from an ecological, economic and social perspective. How can science journalists raise awareness and promote climate action to the non-scientific community?
On the one hand, many international institutions and initiatives from civil society are participating at COP27 aiming to raise awareness on important topics and shed a light on alternative views
- How can science journalism raise awareness about these endeavors and report about them objectively?
On the other hand, COP27 entails certain agreements and results that will affect daily life:
- How can extensive coverage of such an event be?
- How can science journalists communicate the results derived from the conference to a non-scientific community?
The two-day workshop for max. 25 persons aims at preparing scientists and journalists to report climate-related topics and raising awareness about climate change.
Date & Time
The workshop will take place on Sunday, December 11th, 2022 and Monday, December 12th, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the premises of the DAAD Regional Office Cairo. The workshop will be held in English.
Terms & Conditions for Application
Eligible candidates are:
- Scientists and Researchers in various disciplines connected to climate change
- Journalists working in the field of science journalism
- Staff Members working in the “News” department at universities and
- Scientists, Researchers & Post-graduate students of Mass Communication Departments
The application deadline is Sunday, December 4th, 2022.
We kindly ask all the applicants to fill out the application form completely under this link: https://www.daad.de/surveys/891298?lang=en
Please send your application by December 4th at the latest