For the 7th time, the DAAD Cairo Office organised the German Science Day for Outstanding Doctoral and Postdoctoral Candidates on 18th July 2018 in Cairo.
The German Science Day provided a unique platform for doctoral and postdoctoral candidates to meet representatives of various German universities including:
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Philipps-Universität Marburg
- Technical University of Munich
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Berlin Mathematical School
- Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg
+++ Participants were inspired by attending various talks covering important topics like:
- Doing research at German universities
- Research and funding opportunities
- The research landscape in Germany
- Insightful specialist presentations on research done in Germany
- Tips and tricks on how to improve your scientific work
Furthermore attendees were given the opportunity to understand how scholarships, programmes, application procedures and financing models work and got meaningful feedback on their research through talks at the information booths.
A limited selection of attendees also got the opportunity for individual counselling with a specialized professor to discuss their proposal / research question.
Join next years German Science Day, follow us on Facebook to know when it will take place in summer 2019.
This event is organized by the DAAD’s new regional initiative COSIMENA (Clusters of Scientific Innovation in the Middle East and North Africa). The focus of the COSIMENA activities lay primarily on the fields of water, health, urbanism, energy and economy and since this year also on cultural heritage and agriculture. The aim of the project is to intensify scientific collaboration and increase the visibility of networks between researchers and universities in Germany and countries of the Middle East and North Africa.