For the 7th time, the DAAD Cairo Office organised the German Science Day for Outstanding Doctoral and Postdoctoral Candidates on 18th July 2018 in Cairo.
The German Science Day provided a unique platform for doctoral and postdoctoral candidates to meet representatives of various German universities including:
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Philipps-Universität Marburg
- Technical University of Munich
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Berlin Mathematical School
- Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg
+++ Participants were inspired by attending various talks covering important topics like:
- Doing research at German universities
- Research and funding opportunities
- The research landscape in Germany
- Insightful specialist presentations on research done in Germany
- Tips and tricks on how to improve your scientific work
Furthermore attendees were given the opportunity to understand how scholarships, programmes, application procedures and financing models work and got meaningful feedback on their research through talks at the information booths.
A limited selection of attendees also got the opportunity for individual counselling with a specialized professor to discuss their proposal / research question.