The DAAD's extensive scholarship database for foreign students, graduates and academics offers applicants a wide range of tips and information to help them successfully apply for a scholarship for a course of study, a research assignment or a teaching assignment in Germany.
- placement with a locally based university teacher of the candidate’s subject area as a mentor
- obligatory biannual seminars aimed at developing core skills in the following fields: mentoring as a chance and a mission, self- and learning management skills, how to put together presentations and present oneself, job application training, business etiquette and communication, intercultural competence
- additional seminars on an optional basis
- participation in academic events (i.e. the symposium by the German Association of University professors and Lecturers, DHV) as well as active involvement in relevant networks
- compensation for travel expenses to seminars and other trips in connection with the Welcome programme
- scholars are entitled to a book allowance of EUR 600 per year unless they hold a full scholarship by another institution