The DAAD’s extensive scholarship database for foreign students, graduates and academics offers applicants a wide range of tips and information to help them successfully apply for a scholarship for a course of study, a research assignment or a teaching assignment in Germany.
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- Monthly payments of 1,200 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel lump sum (depending on country of origin)
- Annual research allowance of 460 euros
Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying members of family (about 200 euros child allowance per child; about 275 euros marriage allowance)
Additionally, the host graduate school can receive an annual material resource and supervision allowance (1000 euros).
Only after applying at a participating graduate school (see www.daad.de/gssp for the list of participating graduate school you can apply to and for further information) and being nominated for a scholarship by said graduate school, you are asked to upload your application in the DAAD portal.
Additional information for applicants can be found at the DAAD website "Important information for DAAD scholarship applicants" (sections C & E are not applicable in the Graduate School Scholarship Programme).