Shahin, Alaa Mr.
One Day (10:00am- 4:00pm)
Research institutes are generally dependent on few funding resources to support and fund their research, research-related facilities and activities. In addition, their fundraising efforts depend on personal relationships built with funding sources by one or more of their team members. In this training module, attendees will learn how to identify and mobilize a mix of funding resources to fund their research activities, needs and demands. The module will include the following:
- Fundraising Case Statement: Golden Circle Theory
- Fundraising Sources and Funding Motives
- Fundraising Activities: Scout, Engage and Capture
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Increase their capacity to communicate research ideas and projects more effectively and persuasively
- Translate their developed fundraising needs into a diversified fundraising plan
- Increase skills and understanding of fundraising activities to secure funding sources more systematically
- Group discussions, tasks in groups, groups presentation and role plays
Engineer Alaa has a Master Degree in Construction Management from Brighton University, United Kingdom and a Bachelor degree in Construction Engineering from the American University in Cairo.