Galal-Edeen, Galal H. Prof. Dr.
One Day (9:00am- 4:00pm)
- The essential nature of innovation.
- Critical success factors for making innovation happen.
- Connecting students & staff with society: internships and alumni.
- Background research and innovation problem framing.
- Policy and Strategy aspects of managing innovation in academia.
- Enabling innovation: setting up your ecosystem.
- Explain the difference between innovation and invention.
- Identify the critical aspects of a healthy innovation ecosystem within a research/ teaching establishment.
- Appreciate the role of thorough problem analysis and background research.
- Appreciate the criticality of setting up multiple connections and multi-disciplinarily.
- Value the importance of setting up proper policy and strategies for innovation.
Training methods include:
Presentations; Group work & planning exercises; Discussions & interactive sessions.
Prof. Galal Hassan Galal-Edeen is a professor of Information Systems Engineering and Vice-Dean at the Faculty of Computing, Cairo University, and is the holder of Cairo University Chair on Innovation.