El-Tobgui, Mona Dr.
1 Day (6 + 1 hours / 9am-5pm)
This module is intended to be an introduction to project management. The primary objective is to acquaint participants with a basic overview of project management, and the role of a project manager throughout the processes of managing projects. The module provides the basics and core methodology needed to manage projects or participate on project teams.
Though the module does not involve any project management software application, but instead the participants will learn how to use project management techniques to plan, organize, control, document, and close out their projects successfully and with minimum risk.
- Define the phases of the Project Management Life Cycle and a project manager’s role in each phase
- List and discuss basic project success criteria and common reasons for project failure
- Apply techniques for setting up a strong project team
- Apply techniques for planning and sequencing project activities
- List the cost elements that should be included in a project budget
- Identify key elements of project management communications and reporting tools
- Discuss key activities of project close-out
- Theoretical inputs and presentations
- Practice through group discussions, interactive sessions, role playing if time allows
- Self reflection and brainstorming
- Data show, laptop, flipchart, soft board, flash cards, pins, blank papers, pens, markers, glue, scotch tape
Mona Mohamed El Tobgui is an assistant Professor at the National Research Centre and the Senior Advisor of Fraunhofer in Egypt.