Taha, Mohamed Mr.
El-Fouly, Mohamed Prof. Dr.
1 Day (6 + 1 hours / 9am-4pm)
This course introduces the principles of scientific proposal writing techniques. Candidates learn how to locate relevant, reliable and recent sources in an academic way. They identify research questions. They academically synthesize, record, and organize findings out of pilot studies and out of literature review work as well. They read, analyze and critique examples of different scientific research studies based on the research questions asked and the methodology used. They learn how to choose the research design and how to take methodological decisions concerning their proposals.
- Narrow down the topic of given research
- Identify & Evaluate relevant sources for the research using both the library and the internet
- Cite sources using an appropriate academic format
- Synthesize & organize the different parts of a given proposal Academically
- Define & formulate the research problem
- Define the constructs and the variables of the proposed study
- Take methodological decisions regarding research design based on research questions/ hypothesis without breaching the code of ethics
- Adopt, adapt, or design an instrument for data collection
- Take data analysis decisions based on the research design
- Theoretical inputs and Presentations
- Practice through open class and group discussions, interactive sessions, case studies, role playing and more
- Self reflection and application on business side
- Data show, laptop, flipchart, soft board, flash cards, pins, blank papers, pens, markers, glue, scotch tape
Mohamed Taha has been working in the field of capacity building for more than 20 years. He is an international trainer who delivers different academic and business related training modules in GUC, DHBW in Germany, DAAD Cairo, and TU-Berlin Elgouna Campus.
Prof. Dr. Mohamed El-Fouly is professor at the National Research Centre and a DAAD and A.v. Humboldt Alumni.