DAAD promotes the academic education of German teachers and lektors , the international networking of German studies and the strengthening of German as a scientific language.
If you plan to study German or German studies in Egypt, we kindly ask you to get directly in contact with the university. Studying on an undergraduate level is possible at the following faculties and universities in Egypt, some of them also offer postgraduate courses on a MA and PhD level:
- Alsun Faculty at Ain Shams University
- Faculty of Pedagogy at Ain Shams University
- Women’s section at Al-Azhar University
- Men’s section at Al-Azhar University
- Cairo University
- Alsun Faculty at University of Minia
- University of Minofeya
- MISR University
- Faculty of Pedagogy at Helwan University
- Philosophical Faculty at Helwan University
- Culture and Arts Institute at 6. October University
- Language and Translation Faculty at 6. October University
At the German University Cairo complementary German courses are offered for their students. Additionally to the programs mentioned above the Al-Azhar University offers Islamic Studies in German.
Furthermore there are double master’s degree programs offered in Egypt:
- "Fachübersetzen Deutsch-Arabisch" in a cooperation of Ain Shams University with the University of Leipzig
- "Deutsch als Fremdsprache im arabisch-deutschen Kontext" in cooperation of Ain Shams University with the University of Leipzig. For further information please check the following website: http://ez-daaf.asu.edu.eg
Tests at the DAAD Office Cairo
The DAAD Office Cairo is a certified test center and offers the TestDaF and TestAS on a regular basis.
For information about test dates and deadlines please check the following websites respectively:
If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Gertje Krumbholz : Gertje.Krumbholzdaadcairo.org.
DAAD Appointment Portal
kindly book your counselling slot via following link: http://appointment.daadcairo.org/