Are you from Germany or from one of the countries in the Middle East or North Africa? Are you either enrolled in a master's programme or just finished (max. five years ago)? Are you interested in cultural heritage, are you wondering how digital applications and modern technologies will allow us to rediscover the past in a new way?
Then apply now for the COSIMENA Summer School 2019!
When will the Summer School take place?
Date: 7–14 September 2019
Location: the Aswan Campus of the Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport (AASTMT)
Travel & Accommodation: The DAAD will take care of the travel arrangements and will cover the costs of flights/travel, accommodation and boarding. In addition, transfer from the airport to the campus of AASTMT will be arranged.
Who can apply?
Junior researchers who:
- are currently pursuing a master’s programme
- have finished a master’s programme within the last 5 years
- The students/researchers may come from a variety of disciplines:
- Mass communications
- Middle East Studies
- Political sciences and economics
- Museum studies
- Information technology, and other fields related to the topic.
However, because of the regional focus of the Summer School on Middle East heritage topics, all participants should have an interest or focus in the Middle East.
Please find a detailed outline of the content and call here: www.daad.eg/summer-school-19-call
How to apply?
Required documents include:
- your CV in English
- your graduate diploma (if already available) and transcripts
- proof of sufficient English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, language certificate from your university, proof of enrolment in an English-speaking programme, etc.)
- a motivation letter in English, outlining why you want to take part in the COSIMENA Summer School, how you could personally benefit from the programme and what kind of own project you are working on, or planning to work on. The length of the motivation letter should range between 400 – 500 words.
Please note that only complete applications can be considered. The application deadline is 4 August 2019 by midnight (Cairo Time, GMT+2).
Notifications on the outcome of your application as well as invitations for successful applicants will be send out to the applicants starting August 2019.
All information on the call can be found here: